Thursday, August 6, 2015

July



July started out with a family reunion/mass graduation, birthday, and anniversary party/cheese factory tour (because how else would you want to start out the 4th of July weekend??). Check out the super-fashionable booties pictured above and feel free to be as jealous as you like. 


Family reunions are a ton of fun especially when stories about flying planes, driving with past presidents, and getting struck by lightening start going around.


Two days *after* the family extravaganza I was bagging candy at work when the realtor next door to the candy shop started knocking on the storeroom door. Turns out tornado sirens had gone off and I had missed them. A few minutes later the phone call from my boss confirmed that there was in fact a tornado and that I should go in the backroom or the flower-shop basement to stay away from the windows (yes, in case you were wondering, half the stores in my town are connected to the candy shop). 

Except for -really- needing to go to the bathroom, we made it out of the backroom without a scratch. Plus, I got to chill with a realtor behind shelves of taffy and gummi worms for forty-five minutes. That's not something you go through everyday, We decided that if we didn't make it out of the storm alive, death by being smothered in candy wouldn't be the worst way to go.


Meet Camellia. My new partner in crime. She's pretty fantastic. We went on our first adventure together this past week when I got called in to be the un-official official photographer for my church's VBS.

I'm super excited to work with her a lot more this year...

1 comment :

  1. Smothered to death in candy...gives new meaning to "death by chocolate."

    ReplyDelete