Sunday, August 24, 2014

A Closet Of My Very Own - (part one)

'Hey Maddi, you know...if we can clean the school room and Grace's room, we could move the things from the closet outside the bathroom and you could have that as your closet.'

I've always loved, loved, loved closets. I've also always loved my room, but it has a glaring flaw. It lacked a closet. A small room-within-a-room that has the potential to double as Narnia, a spy-hideout, or a get-away from a difficult day. 

Out of the blue, here it was. The promise of my own Narnia. 


My 'I'm so glad to be done cleaning' face

 The previous owners of our house re-plastered various spots in this closet and I couldn't wait to cover it up after adding some plaster of my own
 (despite the...ahem...character that the wall added to the room)
                 
Note: That is -not- the carpet. It's one of our poor old tablecloths that has retired to a life of catching paint. It definitely got to do its job this past week.

My wonderful helper painting shelves with me while we waited for the first coat of the wall to dry.


Stay tuned for the nail-biting conclusion of my closet remodeling: 
'A Closet of My Very Own: The Wrath of Ceiling Paint'

No comments :

Post a Comment