Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Us and Our Excellent Adventure - part one -


First came the misplaced key fiasco, then a scare with the safe in the hotel closet, but somehow my siblings and I managed to survive night one of being on our own (thus far). Even though we had to juggle ordering food with three different gift cards and *checking into a hotel* all by ourselves, we managed to get along pretty well. 
Our hotel room had a tub/whirlpool about three feet from the bed. Even though it made for a slightly stressed out older sister, it was pretty awesome. 

The hotel itself was quite small (the 'fitness center' was a normal room but in place of a bed and dresser, there was a treadmill and exercise ball. But I noticed the staff was nicer than other hotel staff that I'd met previously. Maybe it's a small town thing. ;)

-Note- I know next to nothing about cars, so if you're like me, it may be helpful to know that the color and type of your vehicle (for example, 'blue van') is a suitable answer for the 'make/model' section of the hotel's signing in form. I don't think the man at the front desk thought I was too inept...
Also, asking for extra bedding isn't as terrifying as it sounds. 

No comments :

Post a Comment