Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Scrapbook Project


I have this fear that once I go to college, I'll forget all of high school. Not really, but I want a way of bottling up moments in my life and revisiting them whenever I want to. So, over the past years (meaning my whole life), I've been sort of a hoarder. 

Paper scraps, ticket stubs, letters, etc. I keep them all. I always meant to put them to use, and attempted several times with memory boxes or photo albums, but it never went anywhere. 
During one of my Walmart escapades, I saw a blank scrapbook. On an impulse, I decided to get it. Two months later ;), I had the pictures printed. 
Two day, a stack of newspaper, 100 photos, and countless random papers later I was done. 
Because I want to remember. 

I want to remember watching my sister dance around on stage as an elephant it' or a munchkin. I want to remember making cookies with my siblings during Christmas break. I want to remember going to the movies with my friends and being the only ones left in the theater because we're talking. 

Something I catch myself doing is spending too much time trying to preserve memories. So much so that I forget to live and make more memories. 
That's my new goal. To just live. 


Just live. 

2 comments :

  1. Wow, good job!! :D I'm not good when it comes to scrapbooking, but I do keep a journal in hand, so I could remember a ton of stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Gasp!* SACHE choir?! Oh, that was fun, wasn't it?

    Oh, I can't tell you how much I love that you had your paper signed by everyone! Especially by "Flop". *grin*

    ReplyDelete