Monday, April 27, 2015

The Aftermath


Putting on a musical is a lot of work. Every year I forget and then re-learn just how many elements need to be put together to put on a show. Advertising & fundraising; costumes, make-up, and hair for the cast (in this case, 74); mic co-ordination, sound effects, music, and lights; and trying to get into a locked theater make for a crazy-amazing experience.

I can't gush enough about how amazing the casts that I've gotten to work with over the past six years are. Some of my peers have become family. Getting dandelion/random weed bouquets from younger kids on the last day is one of the best feelings in the world. I really, really love my fellow cast members.

Theatre itself has taught me so much about myself and what my limits are. I've grown more through the past six years than I ever thought possible. Being onstage with the group for the last time was strange. I was feeling so many things it felt like I was feeling nothing at some points and everything at others. Okay, enough mushiness.

As a high school senior, I'm told every other day to really take in and savor every moment. I came to the conclusion a while ago that I can't really savor moments any more than I do when I just 'live' in the moments. In an attempt to 'savor' my last homeschool musical, I decided to put together a backstage, all-access pass, behind-the-scenes video. Enjoy ;)







9 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh Maddi I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great, Maddi! I absolutely love it! And you *have* grown so much. What a poised, accomplished young woman you are! So proud of you in every way. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was awesome!!! JH

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this Maddi!!! The video is funny!!! I really like the part with Buddy and Jonathan about the dresses. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, Maddi! Thank you for your thoughts here and also for all the hard work you did behind the scenes. Great video!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maddi, why did you grow up!! I'm going to miss you in the plays. :((( I like the video, too...although, ahem, I'm officially embarrassed for life. Hopefully I don't sound like that in real life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, you're such a good sport! (And no, you *don't* sound like that in real life. If you did, I'd have to move you to a tenor part. Or bass!)

      Delete