Friday, May 22, 2015

My Two Cents on Modesty

I know it's over-talked about (especially in the homeschool circle) but modesty has been on my mind lately. 

By my definition, modesty is a way of respecting yourself and the people around you. It's not a matter of how high or low or tight your clothes are. 

When you respect yourself, you're not only keeping covered the things that should obviously be covered, but you're comfortable. When you respect yourself, you feel confident. Not self-conscious. 

When you respect the people around you, you're aware of how you dress and if the clothes that you have on would offend the group that you'll be interacting with.



I have very little to say about this topic, and anything else I would say has most likely already been said in a more eloquent fashion (see what I did there?). I just wanted to explain to the world why I think it's okay to wear a shirt that goes over only one shoulder, or a swimsuit that shows your belly button. 

I'm not saying I advocate flaunting your body everywhere. I do advocate being comfortable and confident. I advocate respect and I advocate keeping modesty simple.

No comments :

Post a Comment