Thursday, October 30, 2014

Excerpts From My Summer

*Warning*-There will be some potty humor in this post. Kids tend to talk about things that make people with well-developed senses of humor cringe. You've been warned. ;)



Like I've mentioned before, this summer I was incredibly blessed with the opportunity to spend a ton of time with kids. They were all wonderful. Not only were they wonderful, they were also hilarious. I would like to share a few snippets of some of the conversations I overheard from the various 3rd-4th graders that I had the privilege of hanging out with this summer.

Note-I'm in no way picking on any of the kids who said these things. I'm sharing them because I thought they were awesome/creative.



"If I could change my eyeballs into anything else, I would chose bouncy balls, because then I could just take my eyes out whenever I wanted and bounce them around!"



"What if all the girls in the world turned into boys and all had to walk like zombies saying 'Must use boy's bathroooooooom!'?"



"So...the evil queen poisoned Snow White with the apple, right?"
"Right."
"What'd she do with it? Soak it in her brain or something?"



"What was your favorite part of the day?"
"Isaac."
"Uhm...I meant did you have a favorite activity?"
"Oh. Yeah"



"Is that other boy your son?"
"No?"
"Then who's your son?"
"I don't have any kids yet"
"What? Why aren't you a mom?! How old are you?!"
"I'm only 17"
"Oooh...but you're at least living without your parents, right?"
"Uhm, nope. Not just yet"
"-walks away, frustrated-"



"Do you have a boyfriend?"
"Nope"
"-throws hands in the air- Why not?!? -matter of factly- You should have a boyfriend."



"Uhm..Maddi..I have something I want to tell you. I just love you."
"-my whole insides melt-"



Kids are awesome.





1 comment :

  1. Awww! This made me smile. =)
    Bouncy-ball eyes. ^_^
    (and yeah, all campers want to hear about is your love-life!! It's a recurring theme. . .)

    ReplyDelete