Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Tale of Two Sweaters

I'm not a huge cut-out cookie person.

I love eating them...

...but making them? Not so much.

However, I am a sweater person. Mom recently bought me an ice skating sweater similar to the one Grace (as she loves to remind us) won an 'Ugly Sweater Contest' with last year.

So, of course the first thing we had to do....


Was bake up some 'Ugly Sweater Cookies'. Obviously.

I have a love/hate relationship with making frosting. I always end up pouring what feels like the whole bag of powdered sugar in and the frosting still manages to be too watery (and over-poweringly sweet). This time, however, I got the stamp of approval from the Official Beater Lickers.

I decided cookie decorating was reason enough to break my 'no Elf music before December 1st' rule. 

For the record, I personally don't believe that there actually is such a thing as an ugly sweater.

....But I will maybe make an exception for these cookies....

Despite how they looked, they still tasted pretty good. ;)

4 comments :

  1. I laughed out-loud!
    Haha! Our cookie decorating begins with excitement and energy - and promptly ends with frosting everywhere (except on the cookie), piles of dishes, and sprinkles all over the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! What a fun cookie kit idea! Looks like you had a good time. = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maddi!! I know we don't really know each other, but I know Grace. I decided to follow.. I hope that's okay. :)
    That looks like fun! (Making cookies!) =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Josephine! :) I definitely know who you are. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete