Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Alexander and the Average Homeschooler's Over-Packed Day

The following post include a not-so-dramatic re-telling of what may be a normal day for most people, but was exciting enough for me to write an entire blog post about. 

Homeschoolers have a sort of funny advantage by being able to go to appointments or go shopping in the middle of the afternoon without filling out forms or getting permission from anyone other than their mom. 

Monday evenings are a little crazy. My little sister has dance, my dad teaches college classes, my brother has confirmation class (until Lent is over and they can go back to Wednesday evenings). We usually work out a complicated dropping off/picking up system that makes it seem like there has to be an easier way to do this...

Normally our Monday mornings and afternoons include schoolwork. This Monday had four dentist appointments and two doctor checkups scheduled instead. It'll be fine, right? No reason to stress out...

On Sunday morning we sat down in church and found out that my brother has examination on Monday after catechism. It's a little bit funny how busy we'll be at this point. Why are mom and dad laughing? They should be stressing out like a normal person!

Fast forward a few hours and we don't have water. Our pump went completely out, and the nice plumber man told us that we wouldn't be able to have a new one installed until tomorrow evening. 

Thank the Lord, a few hours later he figured out a temporary solution that would work until Spring. 

We caught our breath and when Monday morning came, it wasn't as bad or stressful as I had been expecting. Everything happened on time, no one got held up at gunpoint, and we all got toothbrushes out of the deal. 

The part where I thought the nurse practitioner asked me if I had pot instead of pop was a little awkward, though...


2 comments :

  1. I love those days. :) Seriously though, we have the same car juggling limbo (or we did) and it's amazing when we actually have a sane day. . .it almost feels. . .boring. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia told me, "Did you hear about Grace's bad day? She had a cavity AND had to get shots--all in the same day! I couldn't handle that in the same *week*, let alone the same *day*. Poor Grace."

    ReplyDelete